The employment relationship is one of the most important relationships any of us has. We depend upon employment for our income, security and our ability to take care of many of the other needs in our lives.
Attorney David Truman is highly qualified to help clients navigate the myriad difficulties that arise in creating and maintaining fair employment relationships. He is well-versed in protecting the rights of employees as well as the interests of employers. David spends a large portion of his time counseling employees and employers on matters of employment law, including:
- Employment, severance, non-compete and non-solicitation contracts
- Wrongful termination
- Age, disability, race and gender discrimination claims
- Sexual harassment
- Whistleblower and retaliation claims
- Violations of the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and leave of absence policies
- Unemployment compensation
- Wage & Hour issues such as failure to pay minimum wage, unpaid wages, and overtime violations
With the rules and guidelines that govern employer-employee relationships continually changing, guidance from a knowledgeable employment attorney often saves far more money than it costs by preventing or minimizing employee-employer conflict. Whether you’re hiring, getting hired, or wondering whether your employment rights are being violated, contact David Truman for experienced employment advice.